18 Жовтня 2018
Government Adopted New Decisions on Protection and Assistance to Political Prisoners
The adoption of the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On Amendments to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of April 18, 2018No. 328″, developed by the Ministry for Temporarily Occupied Territories and Internally Displaced Persons of Ukraine, first of all, enables to unblock the payment process.
The decision to make payments will be made by the interdepartmental commission for consideration of issues concerning the provision of assistance to persons deprived of personal freedom as a result of actions of illegal armed groups, occupational administration and / or authorities of Russian Federation in temporarily occupied territories in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts and temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine, as well members of their families (hereinafter – the Commission).
The commission is formed by MTOT; it will include representatives of the Ministry of Social Policy, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Ministry of Justice, etc. It is important to note that the Commission will be able to start its work after resolving the necessary procedural issues in accordance with the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine regulations.
In general, the following directions of allocating funds for the relevant budget program are planned:
- MTOT has already provided one-time cash assistance in the amount of UAH 100,000 to persons who were deprived of their personal freedom and released in December 2017 – January 2018;
- provision of compensation for legal aid and support to family members of political prisoners in a one-time payment of UAH 100,000 (consideration of issues related to such assistance and decision-making on financing of expenditures in this area is carried out by the Commission);
as well as the changes introduced * new directions were added:
- introduction of state scholarship named after Levko Lukyanenko;
- ensuring the implementation of measures of social rehabilitation of persons deprived of personal freedom.
The main manager of budget funds and the responsible executor of this budget program is MTOT.
* The amendments bring the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of April 18, 2018, No. 328 “On approval of the procedure for using the funds planned in the state budget to implement measures to protect and ensure the rights and interests of persons deprived of personal freedom as a result of actions of illegal armed groups and / or the authorities of Russian federation on separate territories of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, where the state authorities temporarily do not exercise their powers, and the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine, and supporting these individuals and their families” in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On Amendments to Appendix No. 3 to the law of Ukraine №2246–VIII On the state budget of Ukraine for 2018, according to which the name of the budget program according to the code of the program classification of expenditures and financing of the state budget 1601020 is changed to: “Measures to protect and ensure the rights and interests, social rehabilitation of persons deprived of personal freedom by illegal armed groups, occupation administration and / or organs of the Russian Federation in the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine and / or the territory of the Russian Federation in connection with the public or political activities of such persons, as well as the support of such persons and members of their families, including the reimbursement of expenses of family visits, provision to persons deprived of personal freedom and members of their families of legal assistance, medical and social services, awarding state scholarships named after Levko Lukyanenko”
Останні оновлення по цій темі
11 Грудня 2018